Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Final Fieldnote

This will be my final post to Fieldnotes from Library School. And really, it's about time: I completed my Master of Information degree requirements in December 2010. Now that I am here, at the end of the program, I realize that I haven't posted nearly as much as I thought I would about the Master of Information program itself. Instead, most of my posts seem to be about the extra-curricular stuff. Conferences, work, etc. And I guess that is part of the beauty of the program. The opportunities to get involved in things outside of courses. Engage.

That's not to say that classes weren't also great. My favorites, hands down, were:
  • INF 1320 Introduction to Bibliographic Control (the "theoretical" version with Professor Jens-Erik Mai)
  • INF 1004 Document Formats and Standards (with Professor Hockema) and INF 1004 Information Management Systems for Software Code (with Professor Takhteyev)
  • INF 2136 Government Documents and INF 2115 Data Librarianship (with Professor McCaffrey)

The best news is that I have recently been hired on a one year contract as a librarian at the University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) Library.  This is an amazing opportunity and one that I am really looking forward to. I mean, what better place to cut your teeth as a new academic librarian (where part of the role is instruction) than in an institute focused on teaching, pedagogy, and information delivery? Amazing.

So, all that to say that this will be my last post to this blog. Library school is done and I am embarking on new adventures. Maybe a new blog is in order  . . .  (grin).

No comments:

Post a Comment