Monday, January 24, 2011

Launch of Information Services Booklet

Treats at the launch.
On January 21, 2011, the Information Services (IS) team held a launch party for the Information Services promotional booklet that we created over the summer of 2010. Although Kathleen (Outreach and Instructional Services Coordinator), Angie (my fellow IS intern), and I coordinated the project, the booklet itself is really a collaborative effort of the entire IS team.

The booklet is comprised of completely original writing and artwork created by members of Information Services. In this way, it really promotes IS resources and services in the voices of the people who envision, develop, and delivers these services to the Faculty of Information community. We're pretty proud of this little in-house project.

Print copies of the booklet.
So, the launch on Friday was a great way for us to celebrate and share our vision with faculty members of the iSchool community. There are some limited edition print copies floating around, but you can also see a flash version of the booklet on the Faculty of Information's web site at www.uoft.me/g0

For me, this launch was also a great way to wrap up my time as a student at the iSchool (I completed my M. I. degree requirements in December) and also my time as a student assistant with the Information Services team at the Faculty of Information's Inforum. The IS booklet is a great representation of the amazing people I have come to know on the IS team as well as everything I have learned (so far!) about what it means to be a librarian and what it means to provide meaningful services and resources to our library constituents. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment